Monday, April 21, 2008

My first book

The Infidel

Beth Irwin

A disillusioned half Russian/half Afghan operative who spent his entire life in war zones performing actions which governments require total deniability for, reluctantly falls in love with an American officer who aspires to run her own company in a male dominated world. Together they form a Blackwater style company to handle those operations governments can’t or won’t perform in the world’s hot zones and run headlong into the “Gifts of God,” a terrorist organization masquerading as a religious charity.

Tahir Allessandrovitch wants out of his old life. He dreams of safety and anonymity in the West where he can enjoy the wealth he’s accumulated over decades of undercover operations, but finds the reality tricky to navigate for a Moslem man of mixed heritage in love with a professional woman retiring from the US military.

Major Ann Reynolds doesn’t need or want a man interfering in her career plans. After a disastrous experience with a British pilot who married her for a green card, the last thing she’s interested in is a burned out, seriously damaged third world operative who appears more criminal than hero at first glance.

World events keep throwing this reluctant duo together until they realize the answer to their dreams lies in each other. But their unlikely partnership may not be enough to save them from the well funded armies of the “Gifts of God.”

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Are we looking at a series ? After all a guy like Tahir can never retire !

Unknown said...

Looking good.....any chance of a free copy when published? :)

Beth T Irwin said...

Thanks for your support. It's down to the gods of publication, but I'm working on what can either be one in a series or a stand alone novel about one of Tahir's associates, Masud.

sujo1 said...

Sounds like a winner. Wife is looking forward to reading it.

Unknown said...

I am really looking forward to reading it. I think you're on a winner.

Unknown said...

That’s great! I can’t wait till it is published.

Unknown said...

Looks good to me.
Auto-biographical? :)

ShutterSparks / KW2P said...

Sounds like a great story. Nice looking blog. ;)

Orakk said...

looks like a good read, good luck with publication..

William Kerr said...

Plot looks excellent.

Cant wait to get my hands on a copy.

Unknown said...

Sounds like it's going to be a good read Beth... Can't wait till I can get me a copy..

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

This sounds exciting! I hope it comes out soon.

livvy said...

I just can't guess who that strong attractive retired American Major could possible be....
BUT you cut it off much too quickly!

I was hunkered down for a few hours of enjoyable reading!

OKay....so we have to buy it.
Let us know when.

Sounds really great, Beth.

livvy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristal Hollis said...

Sounds like a best seller to me. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get "The Call" soon.
KH w/a Kaylee Morgan.

pavlosh said...

I don't know about 'Tahir' (how Afghan this name is) but he should be Alleksandrovitch meaning his father name was Aleksandr (Alessandro is definitely not a Russian name).

... I mean just to help
;)