Sunday, March 22, 2009

Watch this space...

Upcoming in the next few weeks will be reviews of Exacompta and Clairefontaine paper products, as well as reviews of two colors of J. Herbin ink for fountain pens. The U.S. rep was nice enough to send me some goodies to test and review.

I have to say, I really like the good, old fashioned customer service from these companies. Having the confidence to let their products sell themselves says a lot about their quality and philosophy.

I've been pleased with J. Herbin inks in the past, as I own some high end fountain pens I'd rather not see permanently stained or damaged by modern inks. As a heavy user, since I write long hand, I have to say the J. Herbin inks I've used to date are incredibly well behaved. Some people want "bulletproof" as the waterproof inks are known. I'd rather have water soluble that I can wash out of my clothes or wipe and rinse off my expensive pens. The less saturated colors are far less likely to plug up the feeds of my pens and I find the colors more soothing to the eye than many of the super-saturated modern inks. Additionally, there seems to be less bleed through on assorted papers.

Stay tuned for my reviews!

No comments: