A quick update to my previous review of J. Herbin's Vert Reseda ink. I filled a Delta Passion fountain pen that wasn't a dry writer, but never gave the flow I'd come to expect from other Deltas in my collection. The B nib wrote far more like an M and I was contemplating selling it along to someone who preferred a narrower line. I'm pleased to report that the Vert Reseda performs like a champion. Suddenly I have the same lush B performance as my preferred Profili and the pen is back in rotation.
The pen never felt dry, per se, but the lush wetness of the nib using Herbin ink makes me suspect that higher saturation inks rob some pens of their best performance. If you have a stingy pen, try some of the wetter J. Herbin colors and see how they behave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment